Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Great stuff over at Gorilla vs. Bear + new Junior Boys!

Seapony.
What up? I've been meaning to post this the past few days, but I've really been busy and drunk, so I haven't really had time yet.


Anyway, my mate Peter pointed me to the awesome, Austin, TX based blog Gorilla vs. Bear some time ago, and I must admit I'm really digging it. It's very American oriented, but they've got a steady supply of nice indie and electronica, and they're often sources for even mighty Pitchfork.


Last week, they posted three interesting artists - John Maus for example, 'Believer' is a cut from his new album. Interestingly enough, he's also a political philosopher...


Seapony mightn't be a philosophress, but she's damn sweet! And she's from Seattle, which is pretty ace too. Check out the lovely 'Dreaming' and 'Blue Star'. It's leaning towards lo-fi, but it's very well produced nonetheless, which wins me over.


Purity Ring is a bit in the alley of the above-mentioned Maus, and also of exciting new Canadian outfit Austra. Check out 'Lofticries'. I'm actually not sure whereabouts they're from, but my guess would be Sweden, judging from the accent.


Oh, and I almost forgot, Junior Boys released a new cut from their forthcoming album It's All True. This new one's called 'Banana Ripple', and it's somewhat unexciting, but I figured I'd mention it, since this is one of more highly anticipated albums of the coming months.


I've had to sell my ticket for Sufjan Stevens this Sunday - bugger! I have to work back over here in Jutland on Monday morning, so unfortunately I'll have to skip it. That's shit. What's not shit is I just got three new albums today, I'll tell you lot more about them soon enough!