Sunday, April 10, 2011

Big ups for Austra, A Lull and Apparat!

Austra.
Shite, I ended up with a busy week on my hands after all, so I haven't really had time to update you lot 'till now - but as promised, here are a few very interesting artists who are on their way with albums this year!


Austra is this Canadian outfit fronted by godlike singer Katie Stelmanis. I really think they're gonna be massive, mainly because her voice is just rad. go check out 'Lose It' and 'Beat and The Pulse', which has got a pretty sweet vid to go with it too!


A Lull is from Chicago, and they're one of the plethora of bands appearing these days that have clearly listened to Battles' Mirrored-record more than once. 'Weapons For War' is a bit Yeasayer-like with tribal sounds, cymbals and xylophones, but it's a bit slower than many of its contemporaries. The album is out next week!


One of my favorite Germans, Apparat, has a slightly longer run-in to his new album, but it is believed to be ready this fall. He has just released a beautiful tune from it though, it's called 'Ash/Black Veil', and is one of those tunes that make you realize just how beautiful minimal electronic music can be - be sure to check it out!


One of my most anticipated releases this year is Hooray For Earth's debut album, and a new cut has just been released from it, it's called 'True Loves'. It's a bit darker and more psychedelic than what we've heard previously, and there is a clear Animal Collective inspiration.


My mate Johan was over this Friday, and brought me some new music - exciting! I'm gonna tell you lot about it as i dig through it!