Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yeah, that was fail...

Digitalism.
Yeah okay, it's pretty ace that on a Tuesday where my weekly tunes seemed kinda old and uninspired, both Digitalism and The National spin out new tunes within minutes of each other, without me noticing it. Fail, but not as fail as this.


Anyway, Digitalism's new one's called '2 Hearts', and is a cut from their forthcoming sophomore effort. I was pretty into their debut record Idealism, which I felt got much too little notice back when it came - it seemed to have a hard time escaping the shade of Justice. The new one's pretty sweet, and very recognizable (in fact, it bears an enormous resemblance to Idealism standout 'Pogo'). Gonna be interesting, and I could wish Roskilde would book them, although it's not exactly the electronic program that's lacking in depth...


The National are purring again too, this time with 'Exile Vilify', which is off the soundtrack of some video game. This is a band that just keeps squirting out sweet tunes, but I must admit as an album-addict, these b-sides and drip-drop releases sort of wane from my attention.


Bon Iver (<3 <3 <3) has released some info on his coming album, which is to be eponymous (what the fuck's going on with that anyway, can't you lot come up with some titles??) - there's the cover, which, as I guessed, is the same as we saw on the video montage that came along with the taster we heard last week, there's a tracklist and a sweet little essay about the album. Anyway, she's out in June, bring on the excitement!


Now I'm gonna get drunk, catch ya lot!