Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Children of Battles and Crystal Castles, kuduro rhythms and news from France!

Justice.
Oi folks! I've got some really interesting stuff for you lot this Tuesday. I've stumbled across a number of interesting new tunes this past week, and I wanted to share some of them with you lot! It's mainly electronic. I guess electronic music shines in singles, indie shines in albums. At least that's how I feel, although I do cherish a few electronic albums very highly.


Anyway, Justice are back, and ready to fight the fact that their sound is unmistakably the sound of 2008 for many. The entire Ed Banger-posse isn't all that happening as they were back then, and Justice sound very familiar on new single 'Civilisation', which has been premiered in a sports apparel-commercial. Well then, we'll see how they fare this year, with their new album coming up ahead.


The cream of today's crop is perhaps mysterious outfit Just a Number 05272011, and their new tune 'Business'. It sounds like Crystal Castles mating with The Knife and Rainbow Arabia, and is really catchy, and changes ambience quite a few times in an interesting manner.


Ponytails sound like Battles with sprinkles of some of the more obscure tunes of MGMT's 2008 album Oracular Spectacular (which, coincidentally, I heard yesterday for the first time in a few years...). Try and take a listen to 'Easy Peasy', which is pretty nice!


Finally, I'm gonna give some big-ups to a genre I don't mention very frequently, namely the Luanda, Angola born-and-bred kuduro sound, by way of New York's Kingdom. I'm not normally big into ass-shaking floor fillers, but the big, filthy 'Stadium Pass' really moves!


Later this week, I'm gonna be back with a few tunes from acts that have got albums on their way this spring!