Sunday, October 31, 2010

This is Valleys! (and sweet electro treats)

Right, I stumbled upon this here on the Forkcast earlier this week  - it's 'Ordinary Dream' by Valleys. It does become a bit to noisily psych at times, but I do find it quite enjoyable.

In other news, some new interesting stuff is shaping up in the world of electro. I guess I would never forgive myself, if I let 'Not In Love', the all-star collaboration between kings of electropunk Crystal Castles, and Robert Smith of The Cure fame. Especially because it's a pretty nice corner of CC's otherwise sometimes very unaccessibly noisy sound spectrum.

A few of my more peripherical acquaintances maintain the blog HoerLigeHer.dk, which is often a good source of music. They honestly have their fingers on the pulse much more than I have, such as the case of new Swedish outfit The Amplifetes, which sounds armed and ready to take over the airwaves massively - try listening to 'Somebody New' - stinkingly catchy, huh?!