Monday, October 18, 2010

New potent Danish electro.

The Danish electro scene has been booming in recent years. I guess after a few years of indie revolution, people needed something new to do. An interesting outfit is Kenton Slash Demon, who teamed up with Malthe Fischer of Oh No Ono fame for 'Matter', which really rocks. KSD are warming up for Spleen United at Train in a few weeks, which is gonna be rad.


Another interesting young artist is Oh Land, part of the crazy wave of female electro artists. Check out 'Sun of a Gun' (yeah, it's sun, not son, for some reason...), it's pretty catchy.


Another very catchy tune is WhoMadeWho's 'Left Hand of The Boxer'. Only thing is, I always get seriously irritated when Danes sing with a noticeable Danish accent - it just sounds so shit! (Carpark North anyone?).


Other than that, things are pretty quiet. I'm still waiting for Deerhunter's Halcyon Digest to pop into my mailbox. Where oh where has it gone, I wonder? I've been (very slightly) reviving Oasis, and also Danish band ENTAKT last week.


But October sure is quiet...