Thursday, October 28, 2010

An absolute abundance of concerts!

So, while Halcyon Digest still hasn't dropped in my mailbox (seriously, fuck you Play.com, it wasn't free!), and while I can't access my e-bank to get an overview over how much I can afford to spend on new records tomorrow, I do have other things to look forward to. The next month and a bit is an extraordinary abundance of interesting concerts, which is nice, of course. Here's the calendar:


Tomorrow, on October 29th, I'm gonna see The Rumour Said Fire with Treefight For Sunlight. Let it be no secret, that I'm gonna be there primarily for the latter, but as regards TRSF, they might be able to convince me to buy their record. We'll see.


Next friday, November 5th, I'm off to Århus for Spleen United, which is gonna be massive. I have only seen them live once, and I've been listening to them much more since then - especially the first album, Godspeed Into The Mainstream, off which they're unfortunately probably not gonna play much. But what's gonna be really interesting is that they're showcasing a lot of new stuff from their forthcoming album - exciting! Also, Kenton Slash Demon are performing alongside them, which is gonna be massive too!


Friday, November 12th, it's back to Aalborg for Figurines and The Kissaway Trail. I've seen Figurines a few times live, and even though it's gonna be interesting to hear their new stuff, I'm again primarily there for the smaller act. I've been listening a bit to The Kissaway Trail the past half year, and it really bugs me that I've never seen them live.


A fortnight later, it's at Studenterhuset in Aalborg again, for Casiokids with Vinnie Who - perhaps the most interesting international name to come by since RJD2 a few years ago. I think it's gonna be awesome!


The real heavyweighters lurk at the end, though, as Saturday, November 27th, it's Klaxons at Amager Bio. This is gonna be seriously insane! I'm glad the new album has picked up pace on me, and together with a few of the classics off Myths of the Near Future, it's gonna be sweat-drenched for sure!


Finally, on December 3rd, it's Foals at Vega. This is probably the show I'm looking forward to the most. I've never seen Foals live, and with a sophomore album that is even better than their debut one, it can only be good!


So, that's whats in store - be sure to check back for comments on all these rad shows!