Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Well, can I ask you about today?

It's no secret that one of the major musical stories for me the past months time has been the discovery of The National's old Cherry Tree EP, off which especially 'About Today' is staggeringly beautiful. I just wanted to point out this amazing live version of it, it's about four years old, but the sound is actually quite alright, and it's all just marvelous! The National, by the way, are swinging by Århus late February, which'll be awesome.


I've been ill the past few days, so I've been geezing a lot around Youtube, and I stumbled upon this feller Chris O'Riley, a classical pianist doing Radiohead-tunes. Some of them are very interesting, such as 'Exit Music (For A Film)' and 'Subterranean Homesick Alien'.


Also I've been digging more into Mumford & Sons' Sigh No More album, beginning to understand why it was a Mercury nominee, even though the mandolin is still a bit hard on my ears. Ordered a few new albums the other day, which should be here soon - sweet!