Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Three epic tunes for you!

Nightlands.
Oi folks! I just wanted to share a few tunes I've been digging amidst my The National craze. I guess the common denominator for them would be, that they're all pretty epic in a way.


'All The Way' by Nightlands is a stunning, dreamy piece of hazy, noisy electropop. Nightlands is this dude from Philly, and this tune is off his debut record Forget The Mantra. I haven't checked more of it out yet, but if it's as uplifting and catchy as this, it's bound to be good! He's signed to Secretly Canadian, which is a proof of quality too.


Wire is this old art-rock outfit that I've never heard of before, but I stumbled upon 'Apart' from their new release Red Barked Tree the other day, and it's a nice piece of dreamy indie with both garage and synth tinges. It's really chill!


Speaking of The National, Matt Berninger teamed up with The Forms for 'Fire To The Ground', which sounds like it was taken right off Cherry Tree. I just can't emphasize enough just how expressive Berninger's voice is, and even on this simple tune where he's sort of high in register, he carries everything on his shoulders.


I got a few new albums today. I'll tell you about them later, but one is from a Roskilde-bound artist, and the other is a benchmark British album of the 00's...