Sunday, January 09, 2011

Making a winter Sunday a summer Sunday.

Young Galaxy.
Ok, so my new records are still not underway, as Play.com are wanking with my credit card for some reason. Why doesn't the local record store just have the same selection and the same cheap prices? That'd be rad.


I had wine with my buddy Peter yesterday, who's madly more in touch with up-and-coming music right now than I am, and he presented me for a lot of new things, such as Young Galaxy. 'Cover Your Tracks' has The Knife's 'Heartbeats' written all over it, but that doesn't make it less interesting, although steelpans are somewhat misplaced in the Scandinavian winter. But a bloody catchy tune! Their debut album appears to be out next month.


Every now and then, it's interesting to pull an old tune out of the stash, such as Superheroes' 'What's Going On?' It was huge to me for a month or two back in high school, and it's still such a perfect little pop song. I could only find this scrawny live version on YouTube, but the studio version is available over at Grooveshark!


Aight, but back to winter, and you should all check out 'Feather', by White Ring. The same way Young Galaxy are in lieu of Deep Cuts, these guys must have listened a bit to Silent Shout. Very dark and moody stuff!


But Sunday, lads, after all is Sunday, and no Sunday without 'Sunday', Bloc Party's iconic track off A Weekend In The City, which I've been reviving a bit the last few days, especially on my piano. It's such a pretty track, and not far off how I'm feeling these days either, which doesn't hurt. It definitely doesn't get worse by being stripped down such as in the acoustic clip above, just lovely.