Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BIG elephants boogie-woogie.

Radiohead.
A few big names have made waves the past few days. It's been hard to avoid noticing the reactions to Arcade Fire winning the Grammy yesterday. Honestly, I could care only a little less, but it's nice to see proper music get some recognition in the mainstream. I'm sure the Montreal outfit shook quite a few God's Country ignorant teens in their musical foundation with their intense performance of 'Month of May' yesterday anyway.


But wait up guys - the BIG elephant moving 'round the hood is Radiohead, whose 8th studio album is out on Saturday! It's called The King of Limbs, and I guess we all expected it to come a-sneakin' some time this year. This is a bit early though, but while In Rainbows is still being referred to universally as "the new one", it does have more than three years on its wheels now. I'm choosing to disregard the fancy-schmanzy newspaper-release. Honestly, if a CD-sleeve doesn't fit on my shelf, I needn't own it physically, so I guess I'll have to live with the digital version. As for the music, it's hard to know what to expect. I'm probably gonna do a post on that later this week.


Northside Festival in Århus is amping up quite a line-up. Besides favorite hate-objects White Lies and Band of Horses, The Streets and now Crystal Castles too have been added the line-up. I'm strongly considering going. I got Computers & Blues today, which is nice. I like 'Without Thinking'.


Roskilde meanwhile are gonna hopefully amp up soon. Honestly, if they get neither Radiohead nor The Strokes, that's a bit fail. They do however have PJ Harvey, whose new album, Let England Shake, has garnered absolutely rave reviews almost everywhere. I've seen two 6/6's in Danish media, and almost a 9.0 grade on Pitchfork. I might have to check it out, even though it's a bit off my branch.


I'm listening to Gil Scott-Heron & Jamie xx curious new collaboration album, We're New Here. No verdict yet, but check it out!