Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Awesome electronic Wednesday vibes!!

Jamie xx and Gil Scott-Heron.
Oi oi oi! I've got a few really mind-boggling tunes for you lot to check out! First of all, I'm gonna go for broke and declare, that one of the albums I'm looking forward to the most this spring is Young Galaxy's new, Dan Lissvik-produced, release, Shapeshifting. Just check out 'We Have Everything'. Isn't it just epic?


I mentioned Jamie xx yesterday - he's here, there and everywhere, remixing and DJ'ing, and most prominently, he's taken Gil Scott-Heron's much acclaimed album of yesteryear and reshuffled. I'm crazy crazy crazy about 'NY Is Killing Me'!!


Rainbow Arabia is this orientally influenced California duo. They've got a few EPs on their track record, and I found 'Without You' the other day, which I think you should check out. Think The Knife meets Gang Gang Dance meets vintage-sounding vocals. It's pretty sweet!


So, that's a few tunes to get your midweek spinning. I'm not really doing much these days. I'm a bit bored actually. A good thing to do when you're bored is to check out some vids of interesting bands. In case you hadn't noticed, Treefight For Sunlight are on an absolute roll right now abroad, which is really exciting to follow! Back in the fall, they did an unplugged set at a Copenhagen church - there's a snip of that to be seen here. It's really nice, and it features a few of the lesser-exposed tunes on their trippy album, which I have been digging a lot lately!