Monday, May 03, 2010

This will be big.

I don't know why I feel an urge to spread the word about Avi Buffalo, because it's really not my kind of music. I have never been won over by the Neil Young-school of rock, and I have always been skeptical towards indie-folk in lieu of Band of Horses. This Long Beach outfit lies at the crossroads between the two, and thus wakes some sort of deeply-rooted nausea and hatred in me. But mark my words, I think they're gonna be the next big thing - they seem to hit slap bang into the tendencies of today. Try checking out 'What's In It For'. I won't blame you for liking it, but I won't hesitate to diss it while drunk. I am really surprised they were omitted for Roskilde.

Another remarkable omission, this time on the domestic stage, is Kirsten & Marie. We've all had those sisters or cousins that always performed with beautiful yet corny songs at family get-togethers, and Kirsten & Marie are the professional version of that. Try listening to 'My Dear', with a pretty video directed by, amongst others, Aske Zidore of Oh No Ono - these girls are gonna be big too!

Frederik Thaae, otherwise known as A Kid Hereafter, has just revealed a new side project, it's called MicroPop, and it's sort-of ghetto-tech'y. I really like the vibe and the unpretentiousness of this!

A final interesting new project is Bobby Joy. I really often neglect to mention stuff from my local scene here in Aalborg, but that's because very seldom interesting things appear out of this hole of punk, garage and metal. But try and listen to 'Blisters' here - honestly, it really catches me!

I am starting to get into a few more Roskilde names. Foremostly, The National have caught my attention, and I might need to get a hold of a few of their records within the next month. It's gonna be one of the concerts that will be much better when you know some of the music. Check out 'Slow Show', which I really dig at the moment. It will cramp my schedule even further, but this year already boasts an unfathomable amount of good acts. Jack Johnson is making is way upwards on my list as well, after all.