Monday, May 10, 2010

An abundance of new stuff.

When it comes, it comes in droves. New albums aplenty have found their way into my iTunes-library this past week, and I haven't been around everything yet, but this is what I dig at the moment.

The Temper Trap are looking more and more like a surefire top 7-8 concert at Roskilde this year. I love how their album of last year, Conditions, pulsates beautifully and flawlessly. I am especially crazy about with 'Fader' and 'Love Lost'.

I still listen to The National's 'Slow Show' at least a few times a day, and it's such an awesome tune. It changes key so gracefully at the beginning of the outro, and all in all it's just an astonishingly heartfelt song. I also got a hold of their album Alligator, which seems really good, although I've only heard it a few times. I'm anxious to get a hold of Boxer and especially the newest, High Violet, which has garnered considerably favorable reviews. Same goes for the new albums by LCD Soundsystem and Foals, both of which will definitely be in my next batch of records.

I know it was played very, very heavily on the radio a few months ago, but only just now have I really embraced Yeasayer's 'O.N.E.', which has been rummaging through my head all day today.

I also finally got a hold of Jens Lekman's album, Oh You're So Silent Jens. The king of aloofness, how can you but love a track like 'Sky Phenomenon'? Also, I got a hold of the two latest albums by Kings of Convenience. They're both really nice, but one point of irritation is the length of their albums. All three of them approach the 45-minute mark, which is really too much for music like theirs.

Finally, I also got a hold of The Knife's latest, double album Tomorrow, In A Year. I haven't listened to it yet though, it intrigues me. Maybe I'll give it a go tonight. It'll need time, earphones and darkness.