Friday, June 25, 2010

Summery electro treats.

Somehow, Delorean can't really escape the fact that they're from Spain. Not only Spain, but the Pais Vasco, a part of the world that seldom produces acts to hit the acclaimed music radar. I got a hold of their third full-length, Subiza, a few weeks ago, but have only gotten around to listening to it these last few days. And as hinted, it is clearly Mediterranean (even though Delorean are actually from the Atlantic coast...) - there are elements of italo and ibiza-style, but in some way, Delorean elevate their sound to something more genuine. It's still summer beats though, the uncomplicated way. Try listening to 'Stay Close' and 'Come Wander'.

If Delorean is summer, Junior Boys are most definitely fall. Even so, I've listened to them quite a bit this past month or so. I am especially in love with the brilliant 'FM'. It's one of the most melancholic songs I think I've ever heard, and it's somehow fitting for a period in life where friends and social acquaintances inevitably slide farther and farther apart.

Another kind of melancholy is represented by Jónsi, whose debut solo album Go hasn't really caught onto me, except the outstanding opener, which I have mentioned previously. One other track however has grown on me this past week, and that's 'Tornado', which is a very existentialistic love song.

But hey! What's all this melancholic stuff doing here? I'm going to Roskilde tomorrow! My bags are still unpacked, but I've duct-taped my Chuck Taylor's to the point of unrecognizability, and made some awesome tucker for the trip. It's gonna be a fucking blast this year, and I'm looking so much forward to acts like The Temper Trap, LCD Soundsystem, Kings of Convenience and much, much more. I also think were gonna hear this song quite a lot!