Friday, June 11, 2010

And the schedule is here!

Wowzers, that was fast! I honestly hadn't expected the schedule to be released until sometime next week, but here it is, and by golly, it's well put together. I have hardly any real difficult choices, with none of my must-sees clashing with each other, and the bands of interest spread pretty evenly over the four days, although weighing towards Saturday and Sunday. But here's my take, and tentative plan (likely concerts in bold):

THURSDAY is as usual not really all too busy, but it still looks like I'll squeeze in three shows, starting with When Saints Go Machine opening Orange at 18.30, which I might even watch in the pits. I'm gonna be betting on them playing only about an hour, after which I'll scramble towards Cosmopol to get a good spot for LCD Soundsystem at 20.15. This'll have me skipping Efterklang (Odeon, 19.30), but nothing to do about that. After LCD, I'm gonna be back at Orange for Gorillaz at 22.00 (isn't that too early, Roskilde?).

FRIDAY was the big meshuggenah last year, but this year, it's gonna be a wee bit quieter. I'm gonna have to forego Florence + The Machine (Odeon, 16.00) and the beginning of Dizzy Mizz Lizzy (Orange, 17.00), in order to catch Delphic at Pavilion at 17.00. After this, I'm probably gonna run and catch the final part of the Dizzy show. Then there's a bit of a beer break, which I might fill in with Dirty Projectors (Odeon, 22.00), before having to choose between Nephew (Orange, 01.00) and the two main turntable-outfits of this year, Beat Torrent (Odeon, 01.30) and Den Sorte Skole (Arena, 02.00). I'm probably gonna watch Nephew, and then head over to Arena for Den Sorte Skole afterwards, although that will depend very much on the mood of the night. There's also a chance I'll catch a glimpse of Staff Benda Bilili (Cosmopol, 00.15), on the way to Nephew.

I really hope I have the stamina for SATURDAY, which could end up being 14 hours of constant music! It all kicks off with Kings of Convenience, 14.00 at Arena, and then probably sticking around for Vampire Weekend at the same stage at 17.00. Both of these concerts could be nice to catch in the pits. Then it's off to a camp-out at Orange for three consecutive concerts there: Kashmir at 19.30, Muse at 22.30, where it would be nice to get into the pits, and The Prodigy at 01.00. I hope I'm still alive then to catch Moderat at 02.45 at Cosmopol.

SUNDAY has in recent years been quite empty, but this year, I'm gonna be squeezing in at least two concerts, with a possibility of a few halves. I'm probably gonna swing by and watch a wee bit of Jack Johnson (Orange, 17.00), before heading for Arena and The National at 18.00. Then a quick skip perhaps to pack my bags, and then it's my #1 concert this year, The Temper Trap at Odeon at 21.00. After that, there's a good chance I'll swing by for a bit of Prince (Orange, 22.00), but we'll see how that pans out.

All in all, it looks pretty damn decent!