Tuesday, August 25, 2009

North American Scum.

... is the title of a song by LCD Soundsystem, one of a bunch of American acts that are roaming my playlist right now. Exactly LCD Soundsystem had a heavy presence on Pitchforks top 500-tracks-of-the-last-decade countdown last week, which revived their (or his, actually), critically acclaimed album Sound of Silver. Try checking out 'Someone Great', 'Get Innocuous!' and 'All My Friends'.

Somewhere in the same dance-punk'ish alley I've discovered !!! (yeah, that's the band name equivalent of Sigur Rós' ()-album) from Sacramento. It's pronounced as 'chk chk chk' by the way. Check out 'Me and Giuliani Down by The Schoolyard (A True Story)' and 'When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Karazzee', both from their 2004 effort Louden Up Now.

I'm still enjoying Vampire Weekend's album very much, and to some extent Passion Pit too, although theirs hasn't really caught fully onto me yet.

Heading back to the superior side of the Atlantic (yes!), I'm right now listening to Dúné's new album, Enter Metropolis, available for streaming from Soundvenue. To be honest, I find it really boring and tiring (so far, I'm only up to track 8 of 14). Quite disappointing, since lead single 'Victim Of The City' vouched for something smashing. I definitely don't feel an urge to buy it.

Finally, I'm gonna get a hold of Arctic Monkeys' new record soon, there'll probably be more on that next week.