Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Look at us, through the lens of a camera...

... does it remove all of our pain?

Those are the lyrics of hit track of the week for me. It's a late discovery off Editors' album The Back Room, and it's really beautiful! It's called 'Camera', and you can find it here. Once in a while it's really good to have a ballad roam the top of your listening habits. I've finally started to count the days until Coldplay this Sunday, so I'm listening to that quite a lot too, especially beautiful 'Fix You' seems to have had its second coming. I haven't really been that up for it until now, since they delivered so massively at Roskilde, but now I'm beginning to feel the excitement. Believe it or not, it's actually my first real big stadium-kinda gig, and I hope they dwarf their Roskilde-show, although they're up to quite a task there.

I exchanged my surplus copy of White Lies' record to Vampire Weekend's eponymous one the other day, but I have yet to get it into my computer. But I listened to a good part of it (in the car), and it seems OK. A bit too Belle & Sebastian'y maybe, but let's see.

Oh and by the way, I have been pleased to hear Ginger Ninja's 'Sunshine' played so heavily on P3 these last few weeks. In fact, it was the eighth-most played track the past week. Just in case they'll be the next big thing, remember who hyped them first...

I'm going back behind the teachers desk tomorrow, fuck yeah!

And there's only about a month now until I'm leaving for the southern hemisphere - FUCK YEAH!