Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Muse go theremin.

Muse have released yet another song from their forthcoming album The Resistance, called 'Uprising'. This is the first single (as 'United States of Eurasia' was a teaser, not a single), off of the Devon trio's fifth effort. Very much more conventional than USOE, this will probably garner better reactions throughout the band's traditional fanbase. It is much in lieu of stuff from Absolution and Origin Of Symmetry, albeit somewhat slower, and it features the band applying the theremin. I don't know if this tune really catches me, but it's definitely nice to se that The Resistance won't be all mental.

'Uprising' is here.

I also just want to mention that I bought a few albums last week. One of them was Passion Pit's deubt album Manners, which really has some great parts, although the vocals become slightly annoying. Try listening to this.

I'm moving out of my apartment in a few days, which really excites me. These last weeks have just been a waste of time. I'm looking forward to getting my housing situation straight, going back to more interesting work than ice-cream trucking (which is really dull), and ultimately getting off this hemisphere in now only a month and a bit!