Sunday, May 08, 2011

It's everything-time!

Gang Gang Dance.
What up fellers and felleresses! Sweet tunes are jumping on me like fucking wild horses right now (erhm...), and this time around, I've got loads of interesting stuff from a variety of genres!


Disco-revival has come to haunt us this summer, so to get the best of it, you should really go check out new Swedish disco-house outfit Montauk. 'The Gum Thief' is the kind of tune that just keeps on evolving and topping itself off, and is such a party starter!


Yukimi Nagano of Little Dragon provides guest vocals for Young Turks artist SBTRKT on 'Wildfire', which is absolutely fantastic! She's got such a lovely and expressive voice, and it soothes the funky tunes and curious harmonics on this tune just marvelously!


It's also finally time to throw in the towel for 'Glass Jar', the ecstatically undulating and vibrating opener of Gang Gang Dance's new album, Eye Contact. It has been perhaps the tune of the week for me, and how can you not be down with what happens at 6:16? As I mentioned the other day, that album was available for streaming online, and I was pretty impressed by it, although not to the same degree as Pitchfork were, giving it an 8.5 rating and a BNM-tag to boot. I might get a hold of it, but in the abundance of interesting releases these next two months, nothing is for certain.


One of those albums due on the shelves only a mere week from now is Friendly Fires' much anticipated sophomore album, Pala. Another tune was released from it the other day. It's called 'Hawaiian Air', and is decidedly closer to the sound of the eponymous debut than first single, 'Live Those Days Tonight'. This will be an intriguing release fo sho.


Finally, lets just rev all down a bit with Brooklyn outfit The Antlers, and 'Every Night My Teeth Are Falling Out'. To be honest, I suffer from those dreams now and then, where ones teeth fall out, and it seems I'm not the only one. Several of my mates have experienced them too, and lest we not forget, The Knife dark masterpiece Silent Shout includes the phrase: "In my dreams I lost my teeth again." I wonder what the psychological explanation for this dream is. I guess its something about vitality and irreplaceableness.


Anyway, to a new week, churr!