Wednesday, September 08, 2010

New albums on their way, some not on their way, and what else's going on.

Oi! First of all, big congrats to The xx, who won the Mercury Prize today. Awesome, especially after last year's shock-winner, Speech Debelle. Great stuff!


Other than that, I must admit it has been a bit quite as of late. I'm very busy these days, and I have a tough time keeping up with what's going on. I did however order two new albums the other day. One is of course Klaxons newest, Surfing The Void, which I highly anticipate. It's not like I listen to their debut very often, but it is a class album, and it's gonna be very interesting to hear, in which direction the nu-ravers have moved in the post-nu-rave world of the '10s. The other is Clean Sunset by Shout Wellington Air Force, a young Danish art-indie outfit. It was released in spring, and streamed it once off Soundvenue's website. It was pretty good, and they're playing in my town in a few weeks, so I figured I'd give it a more profound shot.


Speaking of streaming new albums, I had a listen to the new ones of both Interpol and Röyksopp, none of which impressed me enough to add them to the batch of new records. The new Interpol album, which is by the way eponymous, a strange thing for a fourth release, if you ask me, might make some inroads, but it's just a really long time since I've really listened much to Interpol. As goes for Senior, Röyksopp's new release, it is slightly less heavy than I had expected it to be. I know Röyksopp haven't ever been really heavy duty, but when they release an album that they specifically deem heavier and darker than its predecessor, Junior, I did expect a bit more aggressiveness.


Other than that, I'm still digging Arcade Fire's new album, The Suburbs. They made a really interesting montage-kinda-thing for 'We Used To Wait' - check it out!


Oh, and finally, Radiohead released a new live DVD with fan footage from their gig(s?) in Prague, which is absolutely blasting! Check out 'The Gloaming' which is really nice, and '2+2=5' too!