Thursday, September 16, 2010

Beach Fossils, Wild Nothing and new albums.

Oi!

Just a quick word on this new band I discovered this week. They're called Beach Fossils, and they're from Brooklyn, NY. They released their debut album this year, and are now out with the EP Face It/Distance. Check out both tracks in the Forkcast. I especially dig 'Face It'. Might have to get a hold of their album.

Another new cool track in the same sorta direction is Wild Nothing's 'Golden Haze'. A nice wee piece of indie-dream pop, if you ask me.

I got a few new albums this week too, how exciting! One is Shout Wellington Air Force's debut full-length, the highly acclaimed Clean Sunset, which I have heard a few times now, and it's artsy in an introvert, but pretty interesting way. It might take a few listens to get a hold of, but the incentive is their concert with Sleep Party People in a few weeks here in my city.

Now though, I'm gonna throw on my earphones and surf the void!