Thursday, March 25, 2010

Electro-reggaedub from Geordie country!

Alright, reggae isn't exactly my area of expertise. But throw in some electronic beats, electroklash-ingredients and hints of dubstep, and it's totally my cup of tea! One who does that is Riton & Primary 1 from Newcastle. Check out 'Radiates' - cool beans, innit?

Yannis and his polyrhythmic posse Foals have released the video for the first proper single off Total Life Forever, which will be out in May. It's called 'This Orient', and it's cool. There seems to be a bit more noise here, compared to the very cleanly and clinically mixed sound of Antidotes. I'm looking very much forward to hear, how the entire album will be brewed together, as there is a bit of a way between this track, and the formidable 'Spanish Sahara' with its stunning video, which has been floating around for some weeks now.

Back in my own back yard, I really try to keep up with what's doing in Danish indie, but I must admit that Shout Wellington Air Force have flown somewhat under my radar. Their debut album Clean Sunset will be out next week, and you can stream it in its entirety right here. It's very artful, and resembles Oh No Ono slightly. They could be a hot tip for Roskilde. One other very artful Danish indiepop-outfit that have already confirmed themselves for this summers orange bash is The Asteroids Galaxy Tour. One track of theirs which is really good is 'Golden Age'. I just looove that voice - so sexy!

I managed to give both Beach House and Gorillaz' respective new albums a few spins, given that they're now both coming to the Animal Showgrounds this summer. The former is really chilled. It doesn't seem to have the same durability throughout the album as some of its shoegaze/indie-folk contemporaries, but definitely in the mix for my sake. The latter hasn't impressed me quite as much, however they will still be high on the list come July, mostly due to their unique live show. Of yesterday's world music announcement, I've only had a rad at Mexican Institute of Sound, which sounds promising, but I am always slightly skeptical when it comes to ethno-electronic fusion bands taking their stuff to the stage. It's seldom as party-starting as they would like. My main world music-tip for this summer is still Shantel & Bucovina Club Orkestar.

Just been listening to OK Computer. My god what a marvelous piece of work.