Monday, June 01, 2009

What's with those Palace Players, and August 24th?

Just got a bit of stuff here. First up, i'd like to bring the hype machine on. This way cool tune has been played by the terrific Mr. Kjeld Tolstrup these last few weeks on his weekly friday night mass of electronica and Copenhagen underground. It's sweet, don't you think?

The new Mew single (which I mentioned to rather dull reviews in my previous post), Introducing Palace Players, as it's called, has been made Unavoidable of The Week on my preferred radio station, P3. Having become a frequent radio listener, it's gonna be interesting how this tune will grow on me. It's not exactly an easily accessible song to begin with, but that seriously oblique guitar-riff really intrigues me somewhat. I still don't hope this is the best track on the album though, but there might be hope and potential after all.

The also aforementioned quartet of cheeky Sheffielders, the Arctic Monkeys, have just announced that they'll release their still untitled new album on August 24th. Very exciting, neh?

And there's only 26 days 'till the big bazooney of the year - Roskilde Festival. Cheesy.