Tuesday, June 16, 2009

... and now with schedule considerations!

Roskilde released their band schedule today, surprisingly enough. It looks alright, although there are a few clashes. Nothing major though. The website apparently has crashed due to heavy pressure, but someone has uploaded pictures of the four main days. I'll link to them at the bottom of this post. Now let's walk through my initial considerations and plans:

THURSDAY is by far the weakest of the four, with nothing really happening in the late afternoon. The last two years I have been busy with Arcade Fire ('07) and MGMT ('08) early on, but this year it looks like I'll have plenty of time to get hammered. I might check out Zizek Club (Cosmopol, 20:30) or Århus E (Lounge, 20:00), depending on my state of drunkenness (the former requires a heftier alcohol consumption). Either way, I'm probably gonna check up on Kanye West (Orange, 22.15), and watch part of his show, before heading over towards Arena and watching a bit of Mew (Arena, 23.00). I should be able to catch up to an hour of their show, before going back to Orange for Thursdays big bash, Trentemøller (Orange, 00.30).

FRIDAY is the day I'm looking forward to the most, because three of my most anticipated acts are on here. Once again, I'm off to a slightly late start, as my first appointment will be with Friendly Fires (Odeon, 18.00). I might be there in good time though, to get a real good spot (although that's not too difficult on Odeon). After that, I've got a bit of a break before 2ManyDJs (Cosmopol, 22.30), but there's a good chance I'll go to Cosmopol early to catch Little Boots (Cosmopol, 21.00). After 2ManyDJs, I'm a bit divided as to whether I'll swing by Nine Inch Nails (Orange, 01.00) and catch a little bit of their show, or whether I'll give priority to getting a good spot and a few more beers before Röyksopp (Arena, 02.00), which is going to be awesome. There's a slight chance i might catch a bit of Analogik (Astoria, 03.00), although I wouldn't count on it, as might not even make it, depending on how long a set Röyksopp will play.

SATURDAY is clash-day in my programme, and I'll probably not decide until on the day itself, which route I'm going to take. It's gonna depend on who's going to the different concerts as well. Starting off, it's going to be either Håkan Hellström (Orange, 16.00) or Oh No Ono (Odeon, 16.30), probably depending on my mood and the weather. If it's beautifully sunny i'll go for Hellström, although I'm not crazy about him playing at Orange. I'm not doubting he's gonna draw a sufficient crowd, but I'd have liked it more at Arena. And i know that both Tim Christensen, Balstyrko and Kasai Allstars are playing earlier on, but I never go to concerts before 15.00, unless it's something really really important. I might check out Den Sorte Skole (Cosmopol, 18.00), or I might just be in for a chill in the camp before a busy busy evening and night. Starting it off, I'm gonna have to choose between Cut Off Your Hands (Pavillion, 21.00) or Lily Allen (Arena, 21.30). Right now I'm leaning towards the former, although I'm very much in doubt. I know more of Allen's stuff, but COYH might be this years real surprise gig like Polarkreis 18 was last year. Tough pick. It gets worse though, later on. I'm definitely gonna see Fever Ray (Arena, 00.00), and if I stay for her entire show, that'll have me missing the start of Black Dice (Pavillion, 01.00). That's a bit of a pity, but I think that's what I'll do nonetheless, unless Fever Ray is disappointing. Lastly there's a real dilemma between Deadmau5 (Cosmopol, 02.00) and Malk de Koijn (Arena, 02.00). I think I'm gonna catch up on Deadmau5 after Black Dice, and skip Malk de Koijn, mostly because it would be silly to leave Arena for such a short period. It's gonna depend very much on who I'm hanging with though. A very tough choice, with Fever Ray being the only show set in stone.

Finally, SUNDAY is gonna be much more relaxed, but anyhow busier than the last years where I've basically only gone to one gig (Muse '07, Hot Chip '08). I'm gonna start off with White Lies (Odeon, 17.00), before probably going to pack up my stuff. Then I'll head over to watch Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Arena, 20.45), and then I'll probably hop onto Coldplay (Orange, 22.00) fifteen minutes late, but that doesn't really matter, as I'm seeing them later this year anyway. If YYYs suck (I doubt it), I'll leave them prematurely. I'd like to catch Pharfar late Sunday at Arena, but I won't, as I'll head home after Coldplay.

So that's it, with the only real tough choices to be made late saturday, I'm honestly pretty satisfied with the programme. Roll on Roskilde!!

(Oh, and the links for the schedule)

Thursday: http://imgur.com/bHtRy.png
Friday: http://imgur.com/YLyFJ.png
Saturday: http://imgur.com/2VC4H.png
Sunday http://imgur.com/cg0VO.png