Friday, August 13, 2010

Three new bands, two new albums, a parakeet and a guy called Troels.

I've literally got like loads of new stuff I want to thrust at y'all, but I'm gonna save a bit for later on. I got two new albums yesterday, Kele's The Boxer and Arcade Fire's very acclaimed third album The Suburbs, which I haven't heard yet - it's an hour-long monster, so that'll have to wait 'till I get back from Portugal in a week and a half. I hate to listen to new albums unconcentratedly. I spun through Kele's album yesterday, and it wasn't better nor worse than I had expected. More on that when I get a bit more into the bits of it.


I ran into quite a few interesting new names that I wanna share. One is Canadian outfit PS I Love You (yeah, that name is emo). Check out '2012', which is a kinda nice little piece of noisy indie rock.


Junip is the name of José González' new project, and their album is gonna me one of the most interesting releases this fall. Check out their myspace for a few tunes!


The third new name I want to share with you is Maximum Balloon, who are contenders on Soundvenue's High 5 list this week with 'Tiger'. They too have an album coming up this fall, which could contain some nice party tracks.


In the video department, iconic electro-minimalists and kings of portamento Ratatat, who released their fourth album, LP4, in late spring, and they made this awesome video for the groovy track 'Party With Children' - make sure to check it out!


Finally, Danish electro-wiz Troels Abrahamsen has dropped a few outtakes from his spring album BLCK, as kind of an apology for canceling his tour this fall. The good thing is, he's canceling his tour because he's busy working on VETO's third album - doesn't that sound intriguing? I sure do think so, and I'm very excited to see, in which direction they're going. In the mean time, check out the new stuff on Troels' blog - I especially dig 'I Don't Have To'!


So long fellers! I'm off to a week and a bit in the sun, and I'm happy to escape my tasteless flattie that's at the moment blaring U2 into the entire apartment. Who's Bono anyway?