Thursday, February 18, 2010

Always trust the Germans...

... To come up with something completely insane. This time around, it's Schlachthofbronx from Bavaria, who are coming to Roskilde this summer. If it fits into my schedule, I'd really like to see them. Try and have a listen to 'Too High'. It's hilarious, and really bordering stupid, but at the same time, I find it somewhat catchy. Quickly on the Roskilde-grapevine, I must declare my indifference to the acts that have been announced this week, but I know it fills voids for many a Roskilde-enthusiast, and if it sells tickets, I'm happy.

VETO frontman Troels Abrahamsen has been beavering away this winter on yet another solo-album, which is gonna be his last before starting to work on another VETO album. The new album is titled BLCK, and it's out in March. The first single is 'Not Moving', and I must say it slightly disappoints me. BLCK was supposed to be way more towards the hard house that Abrahamsen exhibited on his unreleased Mockin' Bird record from a few years back, but it seems that BLCK is very much on the same tangent as WHT, his previous album, was.

In the same direction, Danish-Swedish electro-songstress RebekkaMaria is out with her second full-length March 1st. It's called Sister Sortie, and is available on her Soundvenue-profile. I've only heard the first few songs as of yet, but it seems fairly promising. I am a big fan of her first record, Queen of France, and it might just be that she has matured even more on the new record.

Good ole dance-punk'ers Late of the Pier are out with new stuff as well, a track called 'Best in the Class'. It's quite recognizably them, I think, with an 8-bit twang. Notice the granny in the video - pure awesomeness!

I was supposed to go see young Danish singer-songwriter Mads Langer tonight, but yet another snowstorm has got me stuck in Shit's Creek. Alas. I really have to get out of here soon.