Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Free internet, you know.

Alright, I had promised you and myself that I would keep quiet and enjoy my last days in New Zealand without sniffing about for stuff to mention here, but I've just got a few wees that I need to get out of the system.

First of all, I am massively impressed by new-in-town Danish house-duo Kenton Slash Demon, made up of parts of much heralded band When Saints Go Machine. I think good old Kjeld T. is probably going bonkers for a track like this one. Check it out, it's massive.

Don't bother reading this next part if you're feeling miserable, because upcoming Kitsune-darlings New Door Cinema Club are anything but it. In fact, they're somewhat over-fresh, but hey, aren't we all sometimes? 'I Can Talk' is a likeable little track in any case.

Back when it was released about half a year ago, I didn't really notice I Got You On Tape's 'Spinning For The Cause', but as they just won the P3 Prize (which, by the way, I think Oh No Ono were snubbed for, as was Trentemoller snubbed for the Live Prize for his godlike show at Roskilde), I thought I'd check out their performance from that show, and what charisma, actually. It's been on my mind for days.

In other stuff, I had a quick hear-through of Delphic's debut album Acolyte, which I mentioned in my last post. A promising record, although too early to say anything.

And one more gulp: Arctic Monkeys' Humbug has really grown on me through the past half year, and I regret I have yet to mention it. But it is a brilliant record.